AKA rents space to groups, collectives, and individuals. We encourage you to contact us at least a month in advance of when you would like to rent AKA.
AKA offers a wheelchair accessible entrance and an accessible gender-neutral washroom, a small kitchenette, a sound system, DVD player, projector, kid’s books and toys, and seating. Users of the space can set up the room to meet their needs.
Our priorities for space use are anarchist and autonomous activities. We also rent our space to other groups with whom we share common ground.
Our rental cost is $50 for a 2-4 hour public event or $30 for private meetings. If we are keen on an event and organizers are unable to pay the full rate, we may offer a reduced rate or alternative payment options.
To rent the space, email us at germinations (at) riseup (dot) net with the following information:
- Your name, your group’s name and contact (phone number and email).
- The purpose of proposed use/event(s). Please provide relevant details including date(s) and time(s). Include all possible options.
- Is your event child-friendly? Will you provide childcare? If possible/appropriate, we want events to be open to kids.
- Are you charging an entrance fee? How much? AKA has a “no one turned away” policy.
- Is your event public or private?
- Can you pay $50 to rent the space? If not, what can you afford?
Feel free to email us with questions. We will get back to you soon. Thanks for your interest!